Friday, June 24, 2011

Holy Hail!

Yes, in case you were wondering by this post's title, I am deliberately writing with every alliteration possible. They are my favorite! This title is also an obvious play on words! ; )

Today was quite interesting and I think could have only been possible in Spearfish. For work today I had a set-up for a wedding at a different site down in the park. The transportation of the trailer containing our white wedding chairs meant I learned to drive a John Deere Gator and back up a trailer without mirrors all while wearing a dress. After that setup I went back up to Ruby's Garden for a wedding rehearsal for tomorrow. I haven't had to deal with any bridezilla's with this job but tonight I dealt with a cousin-zilla-who-is-also-the-photographer-but-shouldn't-be-involved-at-all. I wouldn't want her as my photographer... or as my cousin. She had a question for everything and thus, I had an answer for everything. The mother of the bride came up to me at the end of the rehearsal and said that I did a good job of handling myself around the cousin and that I was very helpful. I think that cousin/photographer/crazy lady was just stressing out the poor bride.

After the rehearsal I met my favorite volunteer couple to take down the chairs from the wedding quickly before the storm came. When all three of us were in the enclosed Gator the hail started. I drove it up to it's parking place and we waited out the hail in a garage.

My grandparents and I went to the local Mexican restaurant, Guadalajara, for supper. The owner of Guadalajara works out at the same place my uncle and I go too. My grandparents now greatly enjoy taking me out because they get a discount and get entertainment from the young servers flirting with me. I find that odd... I am with my grandparents and you choose to flirt with me. Classy, fellas! Now the three of us are watching a Chinese movie about a young couple who fall in love in the 1950's which my grandpa pointed out was when he was a sophomore in high school! We are quite the diverse crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment