Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Common Grounds

For being such a small city, Spearfish has oodles of coffee shops. I am bound and determined to try every single one of them for the sake of this blog! (I realize this is a touch sacrifice!) Yesterday after work I walked to Common Grounds. First of all, I love the name. Naming and the act of using words not only correctly, but cleverly is very important to me.
I love when coffee shops have a genuine, natural comfort to them and effortlessly bring people together. The good coffee shops are the ones you could easily spend five hours in and not even notice the time passing. The menu of Common Grounds is printed on a giant chalkboard with all different colors of chalk. Love it! My favorite coffee shop in Sioux Falls has a hodge podge of chairs that don't match and so does Common Grounds.This coffee shop also has a great table that has a wooden top and blue spindle legs.
I ordered a Passion Fruit Italian Soda which was delightful and sat outside with a good book. Common Grounds also serves sandwiches and ice cream so it isn't a straight-up coffee shop but I loved the randomness of it and all the colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment