Sunday, June 19, 2011

(Grand)Father's Day

 My Father's Day celebrations have always been dedicated to my grandpa. Today I had to work at the fish hatchery for a wonderful family event in which a brunch was served in Ruby's Garden and games were available for kids to play with their dads throughout the site. Even though I don't have a relationship with my dad I always like seeing dads who simply love being dads. After work I walked out to my grandpa's shop and sat on a stool, that he made from a barrel stool with an upholstered seat, that I have always sat on when I go out to the shop. Tonight over rhubarb crisp (yes, more rhubarb desserts) I told him that I am glad he is my grandpa and he said the feeling is mutual and he is glad I am his granddaughter. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful grandpa. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment