Sunday, June 12, 2011

Coffee Mornings

I love great coffee mugs. There is almost an art to a great coffee mug- the feel and weight of it in your hands, the shape and placement of the handle, the texture of the pottery, the design around the outside plus what actually goes in it. Coffee cups have even come to be of significance to their owners. One of my friends even proposed to his girlfriend with a hand-painted coffee mug that had "Will You Marry Me?" at the bottom of the inside of the cup. I have the start of an excellent collection of coffee mugs but I left them back at Augie. No worries, my grandparents have some that have already served me well this summer. My favorites are about being a grandma or grandpa, ones that perfectly define my grandpa, and ones that are about being, well, old. I also like one that my mom stole from a restaurant back in the day but I thought a picture might put an unwanted negative spin on my blog!

She hasn't been a new Grandma for twenty years but this is still quite accurate. 

This is correct on all accounts. 

This one cracks me up every time despite its inaccuracy. My grandpa is BOTH handsome and handy.



Eventually we will all have a mug that says this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment