Friday, June 17, 2011

The D.C. Booth Historic Fish Hatchery

So I realized while I was strolling around the site today during a wedding rehearsal that I have done loads of gabbing about the fish hatchery that I am working at this summer but have not actually put pictures up of it! It is truly a beautiful area and goes way beyond raising fish, even though most of my friends still don't believe that : )

Administration building where I work

One of several ponds with the museum in the background

The Railcar
The old fishing boat
A view of the main trout pond
Ducks and trout in another pond


As I have mentioned before, my favorite part of my job is doing the wedding coordination. Basically all this entails is meeting with the bride during the rehearsal and then the morning of the wedding setting up all the white chairs, cleaning the bridal changing area, sitting on the deck of the over-century-old Booth house and then snooping through the house's kitchen windows to watch the wedding. I usually call my friend, Abbie and give her all the details on the bride's dress and the bridesmaid dresses. All in all it's a great gig. Here are some photos of Ruby's Garden where all the weddings take place. 
Ruby's Garden. It was planted by D.C. Booth for his wife, Ruby 

A view of the beautiful walkway around the seating area
The terrace underneath which the bridal parties stand during the weddings
The back of the Booth House from Ruby's Garden 

No comments:

Post a Comment