Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Feeling Thankful- Ironic, No?

Saying, "now that I have gotten older," seems a little presumptuous at 20 but I am going to anyway.

Now that I have gotten older, I have realized the importance of friendships and feel incredibly thankful for the plethora of amazing friendships I have not only developed but maintained. I still have a group of my high school people for which I am truly grateful. It is amazing that I am going on ten years of being friends with Jenny! She proves that we should all have cute Asian friends!

Me and my oldest friend, Jenny
Here is a little gallery highlighting just a few of the friendships in my life that I feel blessed by every day! 
Rachel- She knows that grapes are included every time we are together

Cady Sea- I always refer to her by her full name. She is quite lovely

The Fab Four: Myself, Becca, Katie, and Jenny 

My kindred spirit: Becca

Laura, Tyler, Jenny and Myself

Haha Becca again! 
I feel like every day at Augie I develop a new friendship. Many of these are with my girls. Kirsten (like ear), Kirsten (like urrr), Katie, Whitney, Shandi, Emily, Leah, Haley, Ali, Echo, Sonora, and Crystal just to name a few of the many! I have no doubt in my mind that we will be at each other's weddings and will cheer each other on through the rest of our lives.

Three Generations: Katie, Myself, and Jackie

I still always refer to her as one of my girls even though she has moved up the ranks to one of my best friends

Kaycee, Coral, Abbie and Myself

Me and Miranda. I am super pumped that tomorrow our two families are celebrating Thanksgiving together in my second home, Solberg. As she says it, "It's like we are real sisters!"

Me and Kaycee, my first friend at Augie!

Me and Mariya!
I like to think back about how I first became friends with people. Jackie and I first met when she was my PA and helped me carry up all ba-jillion pieces of my wooden loft. Woah, lady! Through being involved in Viking Varieties this year I developed two friendships with Laura and Sam, lovely freshman women.

This post is devoted to Sam whom admits that she is an avid reader of this blog so I hope this post is making her smile! Today is an important day for her and she doesn't believe me when I say that I will be thinking about her all day but it's the truth. I was just walking dogs at the Humane Society with my hall director and I was thinking of her. I thought about her while drinking three cups of coffee so far today. I will be thinking about her when Sam and Camille come over for most likely a dorm room dance party!

Sam may 'get' me more than anyone else does!

I love them all to the moon and back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment