Friday, July 8, 2011

I've Got The Music In Me

I had to write a post about this because it cracked me up. Frequently I go on a little iTunes spending spree and my most recent compilation of new music is quite comical because of the vast array of genres of music and artists.

The artists making up my Recently Added playlist:

Mat Kearney
Neil Diamond
AC/DC
The Script
The Hooters
Lady Gaga
Martin Solveig and Dragonette
Nicki Minaj
Pitbull
Maroon 5
Beyonce
Augean Stables
Bob Dylan
Huey Lewis & The News
Kenny Loggins
The Traveling Wilburys
S. J. (Woo Hoo, just like me!!!!)
Amos Lee
Fred Astaire

Until this spree I was painfully unaware of The Traveling Wilburys until Jackie mentioned that her theme song is End of the Line by them. The band was composed of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbinson and Tom Petty- all greats!. After my aunts Jackie and Jodie introduced them to me I started to listen to some of their songs and to Jodie's amusement I said, "This sounds a little Tom Petty-esque." 

After Jackie brought up what her theme song I realized I have several theme songs probably depending what mood I am in or more likely what part of the year it is.

Currently my theme songs are:

Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by Coldplay
And We Danced by The Hooters
Hair by Lady Gaga
Here Comes the Sun by George Harrison
Rock 'n Roll All Nite by KISS
Raspberry Beret by Prince
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers
It's Gonna Be a Lovely Day by S.O.U.L.S.Y.S.T.E.M.
American Girl by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Beautiful Day by U2
Folding Chair by Regina Spektor
One and Only by Adele
Rolling in the Deep by Adele

Ok so I have a lot of theme songs but I want to hear what your theme song is! Leave me a comment with the song title!

No comments:

Post a Comment