Friday, July 8, 2011

I Can Hear The Bells

In addition to "Reading Roundup" I had one other fabulous purchase over the weekend that ended on Sunday. When Abbie and I went to Deadwood I found these lovely little gold bells. I have a plan for these and two other items that I have had for quite some time.



When I was still in high school I bought a large jar that was filled with brass buttons from vintage marching band uniforms. These lovely symbols of being a marching band geek have stayed put in the jar these last few years while I figured out what I wanted to do with them. Earlier this spring I found a shop on Etsy that sells sepia-toned vintage photographs in very peculiar sizes. So far I have a photo of a little girl in a straw hat sitting on a hill fishing with her grandpa. The little girl has a huge grin and practically no recognition of the fishing pole in her grasp and her grandpa is intently staring waiting for the string to jolt. It reminded me of me and my grandpa. Another photo I have is of a woman in a fabulous 1950's swimsuit in the ocean. I also have a photo of four girls laying in the grass that reminds me of me, Becca, Katie, and Jenny (The Fab Four) from high school. My favorite photo that I have purchased from this Etsy shop is of a marching band marching down a street during a parade.

And now I have a plan for the brass buttons, the photographs, and the bells. I am going to make a garland by stringing the buttons together, clipping the photographs on with mini clothespins and scattering bells throughout the garland. I am very excited about this idea and love that everything involved has the same vintage brassy coloring.

Here is a link for the Etsy shop to explore some of the other wonderful photos! Check out the crazy dimensions! Thats why the photos will be hanging on a garland, not in frames.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AVintageVignette?ref=pr_shop_more




No comments:

Post a Comment