Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rebel Yell

Fall is here and it hit really 'effing' hard. I absolutely despise wearing jacket, no matter how cute mine may be, until there is snow on the ground. But because I am surrounded by a family of nurses and my mother cares about my general well-being, I very grudgingly wore a jacket (purple with sailor buttons) yesterday. However, I still wore sandals because 1) I have really cute toenail polish and 2) Socks bug me.

That all being said I am glad that my mom shares the same belief that bright colors make everything better. Last Friday (I have been a little busy to blog everyday) she arrived at my dorm in the middle of the day with things to brighten my life. Some moms would show up with chocolate chip cookies or cash but my mom shows up with an orange teapot with vividly colored daisies. Orange has kinda been my color lately and I like pops of it in my outfits and my insanely adorable dorm room.


I am contemplating the idea of writing a book about how to be an awesome PA. One of the chapters will definitely go into detail about the importance of an inviting dorm room and my tricks of the trade on how to have the most adorable dorm room known to man (freshman girl).






Then this week she surprised me with a side table lamp that she had redone for my room. Last year I got a dainty vintage table with a turquoise top and red legs and have needed a lamp for it since. My mom found a base and shade at World Market but then painted them, of course. The base has an owl on it which is very appropriate because when people ask me what I do as a PA I say that I pass along my wisdom to wondering freshmen. My mom painted the base ivy green which looks awesome with the red and turquoise and the shade ties it all in with a flowered black-and-white pattern. The table is now complete with the lamp, stacks of books, a painted straw container, a picture of me and my grandpa when I was a little girl sitting in a wheelbarrow and a book by the author of one of my favorite blogs- http://www.girlsgonechild.net/








I stay up later than I should reading in the light from my new lamp. I am only a slightly obsessive person...

No comments:

Post a Comment