Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Favorite Flower

One of the reasons I am always so readily thrilled to jump in my 15-year-old car and drive either twelve hours east or 6 hours (5 when I am driving) west is because I can see fields and fields of my favorite flower. There is something both magical and whimsical about sunflowers. I blogged about them a lot last summer because my grandpa appreciated them too and we would have surprisingly in depth conversations about the loveliness of sunflowers.




My mom, being the good bird friend that she so prides herself on being, sprinkles about a gallon of birdseed in our drive way and front yard daily. Thus we now have about 8-feet tall volunteer sunflowers that have popped up like a security fence at the end of our driveway in front of the antique headboard that serves as a trellis for a pink rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment