Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Girls

I always refer to the residents of the two floors I have been a PA to as "my girls." I have 61 girls and by the time I am done being a PA at Augie I will have been a PA to close to 100 girls. I am certain that all of them come into my life for a reason and I love spending a year with them not only helping them get through their freshman years and adjust to college but also figuring out exactly what the reason is why we came into each other's lives. Today a few of my 1N girls took a study break and came back to Solberg (their first home at Augie) for an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. I loved saying hi to my current girls in the building while spending time with my first batch of girls.

My 2N girls

Some of my 1N girls 

They will always have a special place in my life 

I have to give my sister, Brytten Noel, a lot of credit for why I am such a good PA and why I love it so much. Her endearing pain-in-the-assness has helped me deal with a wide variety of young women trying to figure out their lives. I have recognized something in all of my 61 girls that reminds me of Brytten. She was my first girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment