Friday, December 2, 2011

Food For Thought

So here I sit, not-so-much writing my paper, but I am not doing anything else either thanks to my discovery of an application in which I can block certain websites for a designated amount of time. Hence, I am not able to access Facebook, Twitter, Hulu, or Netflix until 9:30 a.m. CST tomorrow.

Of course, I didn't block my own blog...

This week songs and other tidbits of lyrical knowledge have popped out at me. All of which seem blog-worthy and a credible distraction from my 25-page paper.

Pandora presented me with another gem of a song. "Maybe" by Ingrid Michaelson is very appropriate for my own life as well as basically all of my friends' lives.



This song, "Video" by India Arie, was discovered on Pandora as well and again, all of my best friends should listen to it. 





This next quote came from another blog:

"A woman, no matter her weight, is most beautiful where she is different from a man." 


Tis oh-so true.



My lovely best friend, Jackie, sent me this quote from an upcoming Zac Efron (her favorite) movie:

"It's destiny, I think. I think that's what you hope that love is... is destiny."





Over the last couple years I have received two cards by the Curly Girl Designs and depending on what kind of day I am having, both are very Sanna-like. 

I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

She dreams of mermaids and motorcycles and meeting a man who can dance.


It's true. Some days I know I am fully capable of changing the world and some days I just want to draw mermaids in chalk. 




Pandora was good to me this week and gave me a banquet of new favorite songs. Here is a few, ok more than a few, to listen to. 




All I Need- Mat Kearney
The Winner Is- Danna/Devotchka
Eternal- Sanctus Real
Top of the World- Dixie Chicks
Sweet Pea- Amos Lee
Love is a Losing Game- Amy Winehouse
Don't Let Me Fall- Lenka
Hold You in My Arms- Ray LaMontagne
Lasso- Phoenix
More Time- Needtobreathe
Something Good Can Work- Two Door Cinema Club
Hard to Explain- The Strokes
Awake My Soul- Mumford and Sons
Bad- U2
The Underdog- Spoon
Ottoman- Vampire Weekend
Skipping Stones- Amos Lee
Kids- MGMT
Pass It Around- Donavon Frankenreiter
214- The Benjy Davis Project
Syrup and Honey- Duffy


All from the Adele Station!

No comments:

Post a Comment