Monday, October 31, 2011

Musical Monday Musings

I finally did it! I found the perfect Pandora station and what do you know? It's the Adele station. Not so shocking considering how much I LOVE Adele! It is the perfect compilation of the likes of Adele, Duffy, Ingrid Michaelson, Jack Johnson, Franz Ferdinand, Vampire Weekend, Landon Pigg, Joy Williams, Norah Jones, Sara Bareilles, Florence + The Machine (my other absolute favorite), and Justin Nozuka.

One of the best songs presented by this station was a rendition of the King's of Leon's song, "Use Somebody" soulfully sung by Laura Jansen. It's definitely a new fave. My favorite Ingrid Michaelson's song on this station is her version of Elvis Presley's, "Can't Help Falling In Love."

This station was so lovely because I was excited for each new song that would play and they all made me smile. Good music does that.

This station made for a great day anyway but to top it off today was quite possibly the most beautiful last day of October ever! In order to celebrate the sunshine and get a much needed dose of Vitamin D to run out my cold I went for a jog through the nature trail at the Outdoor Campus. I frequent this trail a lot and this time there were more leaves scattered on the ground which made a lovely crunch as I ran through.

After my run I stopped and got what will probably be my last Passion Fruit Iced Tea for a few months. Perfect way to journey into November!


Here are some of the best songs from the Adele station:

Broken- Jack Johnson

Make You Feel My Love- Adele

Take Me Out- Franz Ferdinand

Rumour Has It- Adele

And The World Turned- The Gabe Dixon Band

A Punk- Vampire Weekend

Mercy- Duffy

Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop- Landon Pigg

One Of Those Days- Joy Williams

1901- Phoenix

Many The Miles- Sara Bareilles

Dog Days Are Over- Florence + The Machine (This will always and forever be my absolute favorite 
song!)

I'm Scared- Duffy

After Tonight- Justin Nozuka

Bottle It Up- Sara Bareilles

No comments:

Post a Comment