Saturday, October 22, 2011

Girly-ness at 5 and 20

Tonight I was hanging out with my cousins, and my five-year-old cousin, Camille took me up to her room to show me her Katy Perry costume for Halloween. She then showed me her "treasure chest" of sorts that sits on her bedside table. In it is a collection of jewelry including what she is most proud of: her mood bracelet that has a 'moody' heart on rainbow-colored strands.

She then showed me her baby bracelet and said when she gets married she will make it bigger. This of course made me cry along with the realization that next year will be big milestones for both us: she will be in kindergarten and I will be a senior in college! I then asked her what about when I get married and she said, "I will come visit you because you will give me directions!"

No comments:

Post a Comment