Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Snippets

Ok this is the last pre-bighorns post, I promise!!!!

I am going to take this opportunity to share with you various snippets that define what my summer has been like out here in Spearfish.


My grandpa made a homemade cherry pie, with homegrown cherries the other day. When John had his first taste of the pie he said-
"Yum, this tastes kinda minty."
My grandpa then smirked boyishly and said that the recipe had called for almond extract but he didn't have any so he substituted mint extract. Why this seemed like a suitable substitution I will never know but it was still delicious.

Camille and I were coming home from running an errand and I stopped in front of the cluster of mailboxes for the neighborhood that sits in front of my grandparent's house. As I was taking their mail out of its box Camille said-
"Did you know that when I was little and I would go check the mail I would check all of the mailboxes."
Haha she is quite rebellious and also, when was she ever not little?

I have a bag of swedish fish in my room and every single time Camille and I are in there she asks-
"What would happen if I had one of those fish?"
I answer with a bizarre scenario every time until I finally give her one.

I piled all of my hair on top of my head in a bun today when I was tanning the hammock. When I got in my car to run an errand my hair hit the roof of my car and Camille thought it was basically the greatest thing ever.

When Sam was riding in my car the other day he was quite the backseat driver.
Sam: "Are your headlights on?"
Me: "Nope, because it is sunny. But thanks for checking."
Later....
Sam: "Did you lock the doors?"
Me: "Nope. It's Spearfish."

Yesterday I took the kiddos to Walmart. Camille got five bottles of Bon Bon nail polish which I discovered are now a dollar each compared to the 30 cents Brytten and I paid for them when we were little. Sam got a Bakugan toy. When we got home I painted rainbows on Camille's toes because she LOVES rainbows.

6 comments:

  1. What are you going to do without them? You're going to have Sam's voice running through your head double checking that you've locked your doors...and Camille's voice making subtle suggestions...what if I...
    -Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know! The three of us are something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I absolutely love each one of those comments! It sounds like you have some cute cousins on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I absolutely do! It has been a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sanna,

    Found your blog on Facebook. Wanted to let you know we have one also....and you're in it! Might want to check it out.

    Debbie and Duane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I was just checking your blog out! Love it! And I did see the picture of me!

    ReplyDelete