Monday, August 6, 2012

Mu-lah

I may have at one point in my life joked that I would be pleased to be paid in grapes or ballet shoes. I have in fact, been paid in coffee and school pictures of my cousins for my exceptional babysitting skills. So when I was sent this article, "10 Most Innovative Ways to Pay Teachers" by bestcollegesonline.com I was eager to comment on all the creative ways they had developed to suitably pay teachers.

I know all my future teacher friends would be happy to be paid in alternative means, at least once in awhile. Rachel, a high school chemistry teacher this fall, would gladly be paid in beads or flowers, I am sure. Maybe even in Qdoba. Katie, a future special ed teacher would be absolutely thrilled to be paid in Hobby Lobby gift cards. And Jenny, a future elementary teacher would be paid in random things like trips to Rhode Island, more coffee (probably drank with me) and beautiful photographs.

But I guess this list makes more sense and teachers would probably appreciate these forms of payment a little more..

No comments:

Post a Comment