Monday, June 18, 2012

South Dakota in Summer

This weekend I took advantage of all that South Dakota can offer for summer entertainment. Saturday morning, my friends, Katie and Jenny and I went to the Festival of Cultures at Falls Park. There was color everywhere and beautiful textiles. While Katie and Jenny noshed on authentic Ethiopian food I stroked silk bracelets, tried on rings made from semi-precious stones, and admired authentic dresses from around the world.





Then came Teapot Days which celebrates the lovely town of Tea, South Dakota, where my best friend, Jackie calls home. We attended a pork feed, explored the Tea Museum which contains exactly what you think such a museum would display and went to a carnival even though the Miles sisters were afraid of the ferris wheel.




Not a bad weekend at all!

2 comments:

  1. Good ol' Teapot Days!!! And you even got to see THE Tea Museum. You are one lucky girl! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly how I felt Megan! It was basically the highlight of my summer!

    ReplyDelete