Friday, June 8, 2012

Greatest Piece of Mail I Have Ever Received

It's a blogging blitz! This is the first post in a series of "catch-up" posts that I have neglected in the last week or so. Summer, sangria, and sunshine have gotten the best of me this week - in the best way possible!

My friend, Katie, who for the last three years has been in several different corners of the world and I have to consciously think about where she is currently calling home, sent me quite possibly the greatest thing ever. This wooden postcard arrived in my mailbox sent from Hawaii. Its wooden! My mom and I both found it comical to see three stamps smacked onto a slab of wood and called a postcard.




I have already decided that in my future home it will serve as a piece of artwork. Thats what I love about it. Many letters and postcards that have been sent my way have been transformed into artwork for my dorm room but this one is even cooler! My mom and I were also discussing the other day how we feel drawn to purchase artwork. Often at times when the money used is our last few dollars. We deem artwork that necessary. Maybe someday I will travel to Hawaii myself and pick up a token of artwork that will be paired with this postcard...

No comments:

Post a Comment