Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My First 5K

I ran my first 5K on May 12, so yes, a little late to be blogging about it. However, it was one of the greatest and most positive experiences I have ever had and deserves a spot on this blog because the event truly emulated what I feel this blog's purpose is. Running the Avera Breast Cancer Race for the Cure with some of my best friends - Jackie, Adam, Rachel, and Molly - was my kickoff to what can only be a phenomenal summer.

At 8 a.m. on one of the first beautiful Saturdays of the season, 600 10K runners and 2,100 5K runner gathered to run. We ran through a beautiful neighborhood in Sioux Falls and I don't think I have ever been in a such a large group in which every person had a positive attitude. If everyone could experience an event like this frequently in their lifetime I think we would have a much happier world population.

Jackie, Rachel and I are running our next 5K on July 14th through Spearfish Canyon. Running in my favorite place in the world? I will be one delighted lady!







No comments:

Post a Comment