Monday, March 19, 2012

"Does it Feel Like You are Back Home?"

This is quite possibly the best week ever. I am sitting at my favorite coffee shop -The Green Bean- in my favorite place in the world -Spearfish- with two of my favorite people- my best friend, Jackie and my sister, Brytten. Jackie and I hit the road around 6:30 this morning and then drove a little bit on the fast side and pulled into my grandparents' driveway at 10:45 a.m. A.K.A. in record time!

Thus far in the day Jackie and I have taken two naps, visited the ducks, had lunch at Guadalajara's with my grandpa, drove to Belle Fourche for chicken feed, and are now sitting on the couches at the Green Bean. After I had picked Brytten up at her dorm room she asked from my backseat, if it felt like I was back home. It indeed does.

Jackie, Brytten and I came with the intention of doing homework but so far we have simply been listening to Brytten's stories she spews in between winks of a nap. We are now fully aware of the fact that she pulls hairs out of her boyfriends back (sooooo gross!), has been practicing her Donald Duck voice and has been told once she gets more comfortable with it she will be able to speak naturally (naturally, as in Donald Duck, of course), and she informed us that flies can lay about 1,000 eggs at a time. I am not sure if I believe that one...

Maybe whenever I am with Brytten, I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment