Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bowl.

This pottery piece is thus far my favorite. However that may change when my latest massive piece emerges from the kiln this weekend. A flower appeared in this bowl and I didn't even try for that. Today I decided, after a week of successful throwing on the wheel that left me with 17 new pieces, that I am going to have a ginormous amount of pottery after three semesters. So next spring, a year from now, when I am getting ready to graduate I am going to line my hallway with pieces I want to give away and invite all my former girls (the number will be around 100) to come and select a piece to keep. Even though I will be the one graduating, my Augie experience wouldn't have been anywhere near the same without those 100 women and I want to give them a graduation present.

No comments:

Post a Comment